New Resident Information

Welcome to Oak Ridge! We want to make your experience of getting settled into your new home as easy as possible. After reading the following information, please do not hesitate to contact Town Clerk Sandra Smith at or Deputy Clerk Ashley Royal at, or call Town Hall at (336) 644-7009 for more information.
Oak Ridge Town Hall is located at 8315 Linville Road. We are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. You can call us at (336) 644-7009. We're here to serve you!
Cable/Internet/Phone Service Set-Up
Many companies now offer these services. To find out which ones are available, search the Internet.

Electric Set-up
Call Duke Energy at 1-800-777-9898 or visit

Natural Gas Set-up
Call Piedmont Natural Gas at 1-800-752-7504 or visit Natural gas is not available in all areas of the Town.

Notice of Meeting List
If you would like to be added to our notice list to receive information about our boards/committees or things going on in the Town of Oak Ridge, you may sign up to receive e-mail updates by clicking HERE.

Water Set-up
Currently, Oak Ridge does NOT offer public water. All properties use well systems. Some subdivisions have community wells. Community wells are maintained by Aqua North Carolina (877-987-2782) or Envirolink, Inc. (252-235-4900). 

Garbage/Recycling Set-up
Oak Ridge contracts garbage and recycling pick-up with GFL Environmental (formerly Waste Industries). To set up your garbage/recycling collection, call (336) 668-3712. Before taking yard debris, limbs, furniture, mattresses or white goods to the curb, call GFL to see if pickup is available or if there is an additional charge.

The State of North Carolina does not allow aluminum cans, computers, televisions, cell phones or anything with a computer chip to be put in the garbage. Cans should be disposed of with other recycling, or they may be sold to metal recyclers. Computers and other electronics can be donated to Goodwill Industries, which is located at 2205 Oak Ridge Road in Oak Ridge Commons shopping center.

To report illegal dumping, contact Guilford County Environmental Services/Solid Waste at (336) 641-2082.

Licensing & Registration for drivers and vehicles
Whether you’re getting your driver’s license switched over to a North Carolina license, or you’re registering your vehicle in North Carolina for the first time, you’ll want to access the Department of Motor Vehicles website at to find out what information you need to take with you. Even if you have a current driver's license in another state, the DMV requires that you pass a written exam to obtain a North Carolina driver’s license. You may download a booklet from the DMV website to study for the exam.

The closest DMV office to Oak Ridge is located in Kernersville at 810 N. Main Street, Ste. A. They are open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. For more information, call (336) 993-5651.

The closest vehicle registration office is located in Greensboro at 5551 W. Market Street (336-856-1510) or 2218 Golden Gate Drive (336-275-7715).

Snow Removal
Because the Town of Oak Ridge does not have a public works department, we do not remove snow from streets. Snow removal is the responsibility of the N.C. Department of Transportation, who begins with major highways, then main highways, and finally clears neighborhood streets.

Dead Animal/Tree Removal
For the pickup of dead animals or fallen trees on the road or in rights of way, call the N.C. Department of Transportation at (336) 487-0100. Dead animals or fallen trees on private property are the responsibility of the property owner.